The BAG recognises that the management of projects can have an enormous impact on a business. A successful, well run project that is on time and on budget creates the foundations for future business success. However, a project not on budget, not on time, suffering scope creep or is simply failing, can have an enormous detrimental impact on even the most successful of businesses. Therefore, we believe there is a need for senior control or validation skills, required for short “bursts” during the project life-cycle to keep the focus on project success.
To this end, at The BAG we have created the Project and Program Assessment (PaPA) service, an extension of The Grey Pool © Framework, to provide Businesses with a flexible and reliable Project Management Leadership and Consultancy Service, comprised of multiple, multi-skilled resources, to support ongoing Project Management and Office requirements – pre-, mid- and post-delivery. This service provides:
- Access to a diverse range of project leadership capability for short, medium or long term project work. This includes Project Managers, Project Directors and Program Managers,
- Flexible, experienced and highly skilled project leadership professionals with a wealth of experience on both a local and global basis. On average, consultants utilised within this service have in excess of 20 years project and leadership experience.
- The ability to pay for only what services are actually utilised. This eliminates the requirement to have one or more project leadership resources that are not fully utilised. It also solves the problem of what to do with project leadership resources upon completion of a project.
- Ability to maintain a broad, efficient and effective project leadership capability, whilst minimising costs.
- It could be used to address elements of Project Services including (but not limited to) Project Health Checks. When clients are faced with the daunting challenge of a project that is failing, over budget or missing deadlines, our consultants are available to provide a project review service to identify problem areas and recommend issue remediation.
- In order to ensure consistency of application and outputs, our consultants will work within existing processes, methodologies and reporting requirements and typically have experience with multiple project management methodologies including Prince 2, PMM, PMBOK and Agile.
Whilst our Consultants are highly experienced and have likely worked with consulting firms in the past, they engage in a positive fashion, they have an interest in mentoring, coaching and skills transfer rather than hard core audit to identify and point blame. They are collaborative, engaging and non-threatening.
This is a service that is totally flexible and can be deployed with a Businesses’ objectives and budget in mind, such that it is a “partnership” between all concerned, Business, Supplier and Consultant alike.