- Keep a simple format with simple and consistent font style and proper headings, like:
- Career Summary,
- Relevant (Technical) Skills,
- Employer History – Employer details (most recent one first), when you worked there, role/position, duties and main achievements.
- Keep information concise/brief, but complete:
- No more than the last 10 years’ of experience,
- If > 10 years, insert “Details of prior experience can be provided upon request.” at the end of your experience section,
- No more than 5-6 pages in total.
- Use lots of colors and pictures (including one of yourself) in your Resume.
- List your age, address or personal status.
- Use a smaller Font to fit more detail in.
- Over complicate the format using columns and over-use of tables, charts, etc.
- Break your experience up into Projects, keep it to a sequence of Employers and what you did and achieved with each.